Higuey City Tour
A vacation is not complete until you have had your mandatory hunt for local treasures. Visit the largest and most important church in the country, The Basilica de La Altagracia. Take a stroll on the main street and observe the day to day activity in the city; the cafeterias, the shoe shiners and the fruit stalls and their vendors. Visit the Saint Dionysus church, constructed over 500 years ago! Visit a local gift shop and take the opportunity to stack-up with some traditional products.
What to expect
An eye opening tour that will allow you to be in close contact to how the people of the Dominican Republic live and witness the splendor and elegant architecture of the Basilica de La Altagracia. Get a chance to purchase the best souvenirs at local prices.
Join our authentic city tour and discover the urban side of the region through a tour of the biggest city in the surroundings of Punta Cana.
- Originate a spiritual pilgrimage to the Higüey Basilica. Its splendor and elegant architecture will leave you breathless.
- Visit St. Dionysius church. Explore the most relevant historical aspects of La Altagracia’s recent history, spanning the past 500 years
- Eyewitness the traditional way master craftsmen manufacture the finest cigars.
- Discover how tobacco has boosted the national economy. Take a box back home and surprise your buddies.
- Purchase the most unmistakable samples of local handicrafts and the finest Dominican rum.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Official guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van
- Water and soft drinks (non-alcoholic)
|Ticket Type||Adults, Kids|